Effective Date: September 18, 2023
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries, including Vera Bradley Sales, LLC and Creative Genius LLC d/b/a Pura Vida Bracelets (“Vera Bradley”), understand the importance of your privacy. This Privacy Notice applies when you visit our websites at www.verabradley.com, outlet.verabradley.com, www.verabradleywholesale.com, www.puravidabracelets.com, (the “websites”), interact with us on or offline, or use any and all of our products and services (collectively, our “services”). Our Privacy Notice describes our collection of information during your interactions with our websites and services, and the rights and choices you have regarding your information.
Table of Contents
- Information Collection
- How We Use Collected Information
- How We Disclose Your Information
- Your Privacy Rights
- International Privacy Rights
- Exercising Your Privacy Rights
- Your Privacy Choices & Preferences
- Third Party Websites
- Age Restrictions
- Changes to Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
Vera Bradley collects data, including Personal Information, about you. “Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
In the previous twelve months, we have collected various types of information, including:
Examples of Specific Data
When the Data is Collected
· IP address
· Browser type
· Browser settings
· Device ID
· Server Address
· Domain name
· Operating system
· Date/Time stamps
· Internet Service Provider
· Cookie ID
We collect browsing information automatically when you visit our websites.
· Business address
· Business phone number
· Business email
We collect commercial information when you become our customer or vendor, or if you voluntarily provide it to us.
· Contact details
· Home address
· Personal email
· Phone numbers
· Previous residence address
We collect contact information when you provide it to us via contact card or in-person at events, email, online form and job application submission, or through other means.
· Payment card information
We collect and tokenize payment card information when you place an order with us or through our vendor.
We collect geolocation when you visit our websites.
Sensory and Biometric Information
· Voice recordings
· Security video footage
We collect sensory information when you call our customer service or other phone numbers, upload images to our website, or email images to us, and when you enter any Vera Bradley location.
· Profile username
· First name
· Last name
· Contact information
· Profile picture
· Post history
We collect this information automatically when you share information through social media widgets on our websites. We also collect it when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Correspondence and Survey Information
· Records and copies of correspondence
· Survey responses
· Search queries
We collect this information when you provide it to us by corresponding with us, responding to surveys, or making searches on our websites.
We collect demographic information through voluntary customer surveys. Customers can opt out of providing this information when responding to a survey.
We collect Personal Information from a variety of different sources, including:
- Website visitors. We collect browsing information automatically from those who visit our websites. We collect contact information, commercial information, and social media data from those who provide it voluntarily via contact forms, job applications, email messages, and social media links.
- Customers, vendors, and service providers. We will collect commercial information, contact information, and financial information when you voluntarily become our customer, vendor, or service provider.
- Web Beacons ("Tracking Pixels"). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the websites. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Vera Bradley’s web server, or from a third party with which Vera Bradley works, and is active only while you are connected to the websites, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location.
- Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking.
- Device Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household).
- In-App Tracking Methods. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
Sensitive Information. Vera Bradley may collect, use, or process Personal Information which is classified as sensitive information under certain US or foreign legislation.
Email a Friend. There are some features on our websites that may require visitors to enter another person's Personal Information and/or email address in order to use the feature. Visitors are responsible for obtaining the consent of any third party prior to entering the Personal Information of such third party. We only use this information to allow visitors to share certain website content with friends.
Personal information retention. Vera Bradley uses several criteria to determine how long we should keep categories of Personal Information. We will retain your Personal Information for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the business purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Vera Bradley is unable to delete information that you have shared with others through discussion/social networking forums.
Please understand that residual copies of the Personal Information can be stored in locations or formats that make complete erasure extremely difficult. The best way to ensure you control your information is to give us only the Personal Information that you are completely comfortable sharing with us.
Personal Information Storage. Vera Bradley is a U.S. corporation. The servers that support our websites are located in the United States. While it is in our possession, your information will generally be stored in Vera Bradley databases or databases maintained by our third-party service providers on servers and data storage devices located in the United States. U.S. data protection laws may not provide as much protection as the data protection laws in force in some other countries, however, we will process your information in accordance with this Notice no matter where our data is stored. If you are located in a country outside the United States, by using our websites you consent to the transfer and storage of your information to the United States.
How We Use Collected Information
Vera Bradley uses data, including Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, as described below. We use the information we obtain about you for a variety of purposes, including:
- Websites. We may use your information to provide, improve, upgrade, and enhance the websites.
- Consumer Purchases. We may use your information to process your orders and administer your account.
- Customer Service. We may use your information to respond to emails containing questions or requests. While we retain information in our customer service database in order to provide better service to our customers, we only save Personal Information associated with questions, comments, and requests in this database to better serve you in the future.
- Mailing List. We may use your information to send mailings notifying you of sales and new products. The names and mailing addresses submitted by visitors are used to mail this information and may be shared with our marketing partners to provide you with additional information or products we think may be of interest to you.
- Accounts. We may use your information to save preferences and your product “Wish List”, a user-made list of your favorite products.. This provides you with a personal experience when you use our websites. You may review and edit your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your account or you may request changes by contacting us.
- Discussion/Social Networking Forums. We may use your information to manage our discussion forums. Our websites may offer discussion forums, message boards, social networking opportunities, chat pages and other public forums or features in which you may provide Personal Information, materials and related content. If you submit Personal Information when using these public features, please note that such Personal Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed and used without limitation or restriction, even after you have deleted or edited your Personal Information.
- Offers, Surveys and Promotions. We may use your information to notify you about special offers, promotions, news and surveys that may be of interest to you. On occasion, we also may send information or offers to you on behalf of other Vera Bradley entities, such as our retail stores or the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer.
- Marketing Strategies. We may use your information to better understand your needs and interests and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts or products and services.
- Other Purposes. We may use your information for other purposes with your consent or where permitted by law.
How We Disclose Your Information
Selling and Sharing. Vera Bradley may engage in the sale of your information (as defined under applicable privacy laws) for purposes of marketing and advertising. Certain individuals may opt-out of the sale of their information by following the instructions within Exercising Your Privacy Rights.
Other disclosures. We may disclose your Personal Information in the following ways and circumstances:
- When you consent. Out of respect for your privacy, Vera Bradley will not disclose your Personal Information to others without your consent, except as specified in this Privacy Notice.
- With our service providers and vendors. We transfer all or a portion of your information to our service providers who help us deliver our products and services to you and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. These service providers are required by contract or law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Although Vera Bradley requires these third parties meet our privacy and security requirements, Vera Bradley does not control the privacy or security policies of such third parties.
- With our affiliated companies. We transfer the information that we collect to other Vera Bradley companies, subsidiaries, and related affiliates acting on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- For a merger, acquisition, change in ownership, or reorganization. Personal information we have collected may be disclosed to a third party in the event of a merger, transfer of ownership or assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate reorganization.
- For data analytics. Vera Bradley uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our websites. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here. If you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to ours or other websites, please click here. Some third parties that collect interest-based information on our websites do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. Vera Bradley is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
- When we are legally permitted or required to do so. Vera Bradley may disclose without your prior consent any information about you or your use of our websites, if we believe disclosure is necessary, including to:
- Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Vera Bradley, employees, other users of the websites, or the public;
- As required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority;
- Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- Law enforcement agencies, if we are required to do so; and
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Your Privacy Rights
Some U.S. residents have certain rights under their state’s data privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the Nevada Privacy Law, the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), the Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA), and the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA), that grant you rights to control your Personal Information. Consistent with these laws, Vera Bradley gives you options to access, edit, or remove certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. Although some of these rights apply generally, certain rights will only apply to limited individuals or circumstances dependent on residency and relevant data privacy law.
- Right to Know and Access Information. Note that much of the information you are entitled to know or access is disclosed in this Privacy Notice. With this said, you may have the right to know about our information practices. You also may have the right to access the categories of data we collect, with whom we share or sell that information, and, in some cases, what specific Personal Information we associate with you or your account.
- Right to Data Portability. If you validly request a copy of your specific information then we will provide it in an easily accessible format.
- Right to Deletion or Erasure. You may have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you. Depending on the applicable law, in some cases we are required or permitted to retain your information, even if you validly requested we delete or erase it.
- Right to Correct Information. You may have the right to request we correct or rectify inaccurate information we have collected about you.
- Right to Limit Use of Information for Advertising. You may have the right to opt-out of our use of your Personal Information for advertising purposes.
- Right to Opt-out. You may have the right to opt-out of our use and collection of sensitive Personal Information.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You may have the right withdraw your consent to our data privacy practices.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You may have the right to not experience discrimination from us for exercising the rights listed in this section. What we mean by discrimination is denying you access to our services or limiting the quality of our services. However, limiting use of, or deleting, your Personal Information may restrict the purposes or uses that rely on that information. If you need further assistance, you can contact Vera Bradley through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.”
California Shine the Light Law
We may from time to time elect to share certain “Personal Information” (as defined by California’s “Shine The Light” law) about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied Personal Information, as defined in the statute, to us to, under certain circumstances, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of Personal Information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.”
International Privacy Rights
Some international residents may have certain rights under their country’s data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Although some of these rights apply generally, certain rights will only apply to limited individuals or circumstances dependent on residency and relevant data privacy law.
To the extent that these laws apply, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Access. Note that much of the information you are entitled to know or access is disclosed in this Privacy Notice. With this said, you have the right to know about our information practices. You also have the right to access the categories of data we collect, with whom we share or sell that information, and, in some cases, what specific personal information we associate with you or your account.
- Right to Rectification. You may request we correct or rectify inaccurate information we have collected about you.
- Right to Erasure. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Depending on the applicable law, in some cases we are required or permitted to retain your information, even if you validly requested we delete or erase it.
- Right to Restrict Processing. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained in this Privacy Notice, you may have the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances.
- Right to Object. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained in this Privacy Notice, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. Where we use your data for direct marketing purposes, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account settings.
- Right to Data Portability. If you request a copy of your specific information then we will provide it in an easily accessible format.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You may be entitled to lodge a complaint with your data privacy regulatory authority.
We generally process personal information of those residing in the EU on the legal basis of Vera Bradley’s legitimate interests in performing the function or service you requested. Where appropriate, we may rely on alternate legal basis, such as your consent to certain types of processing. Where we process your personal information on the basis of consent, we will clearly obtain your opt-in consent.
Where you have provided consent to certain data processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.” A withdrawal of consent will not affect the validity of our use of your personal information up until the point you have withdrawn your consent.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
To exercise any of your privacy rights, either:
- Visit our Privacy Request Form or call us at the number listed under “Contact Us”. In order to complete your request, you will be required to respond to any follow up inquires we may make, and we may deny your request if you do not do so. Vera Bradley will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising these rights.
For requests submitted by form or phone, you must provide enough information that allows us to verify your identity. Only you, or your authorized agent may make requests regarding your Personal Information. An authorized agent must have documentation that they are authorized to act on your behalf. Vera Bradley will attempt to fulfill or reject your request within the amount of time required by law.
Your Privacy Choices & Preferences
Messaging and newsletter communications. You may control how you receive certain types of communications by unsubscribing within the body of the communication. Vera Bradley customers can change email preferences by logging in to their customer account. Note that some messages are required, such as service-related messages like transaction confirmation messages, legal notices, or updates.
Mailing List. If you would like to remove your name and address from our mailing list, please email us through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.” Please include your full name, email address and phone number in case we have questions. Please allow a reasonable period of time for your request to be processed.
Text messaging communications. You can opt-out from receiving Vera Bradley text messages by following the instructions on text messages that you receive from Vera Bradley. To opt-out, reply STOP to 72276 at any time, and to receive assistance simply reply HELP to 72276. To opt-out from receiving Pura Vida Bracelets text messages, text the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to the Pura Vida Bracelets shortcode to cancel. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to our shortcode you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. Please note that we will not send any text messages to your mobile device without first obtaining your prior consent to receive such messages.
Cookies and web tracking technologies. You may limit the automatic collection of information by Google, including the collection of Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, by opting-out of such collection. Download the opt-out browser extension, located here, to opt-out of the automatic collection of browsing and device data. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the websites may not work and that when you revisit the websites your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. Some App-related tracking technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturers.
Global Privacy Controls. Some state laws, including California and Colorado, require that we treat a user-enabled global privacy control as a consumer request to opt out of the sale of their data.
Change in Preferences. You may be able to change through your account previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. Otherwise, please contact us through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.”
Third Party Websites
This Privacy Notice applies only to our websites and other services. Our websites may contain links to other websites including those that permit online transactions. We have no control over the privacy practices or the content of any of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors, or other third parties we link to from our websites. Vera Bradley does not endorse, approve, or certify these other websites, and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of the information contained on those websites. You should check the applicable privacy notice of the website’s sponsor when linking to other websites.
Certain functionalities on the websites permit interactions that you initiate between the websites and certain third parties, such as third party social networks (“Social Features”). If you use Social Features, and potentially other third party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on those websites. Similarly, if you post information on a third party service that references the websites (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Vera Bradley in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the websites or otherwise by Vera Bradley. Also, both Vera Bradley and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the websites and any third party Service.
Vera Bradley takes reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure that Personal Information is stored and processed responsibly. However, no internet transmission is ever fully secure, and we cannot guarantee that information transmitted via our websites will remain confidential at all times. You provide general or Personal Information to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
Vera Bradley takes children’s privacy seriously. By accepting the Privacy Notice through your use of our websites or services, you certify that you are either (i) 18 years of age or older or (ii) you are at least 13 years of age and are using the websites under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who has agreed to be bound by these Terms on your behalf. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use the websites. If you are a parent or legal guardian who has agreed to be bound by these Terms on behalf of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you agree to be fully responsible for such child’s use of the websites, including all financial charges and legal liability that such child may incur.
Vera Bradley does not have actual knowledge of any Personal Information about individuals under the age of 13 whose information has been collected through our websites or services. If we become aware that a person submitting information to us is a minor, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose nor disclose it to third parties. If you are a parent or guardian concerned that your child may have provided Personal Information to us, please contact us through one of the channels listed under “Contact Us.”
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use our websites, and who posted content or information on our websites, can request removal by contacting us, detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Vera Bradley will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Vera Bradley does not control.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes on our websites and will indicate the effective date. Your continued use of our websites or our services after the changes are effective constitutes your acceptance of the Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, contact us at:
Attention: Customer Service
12420 Stonebridge Road
Roanoke, Indiana 46783
or firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-855-8372
Pura Vida Bracelets
Attention: Privacy Compliance Officer
7979 Ivanhoe Blvd., #400
La Jolla, California 92037
or email@example.com or 858-232-4945
Please include your full name, email address and phone number in case we have questions.
To contact other locations view our Contact Us page