Effective Date: July 30, 2020
Our Commitment to Privacy
Thank you for visiting this website (this “Site”), which is owned by Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. ("Vera Bradley"). Your privacy is important to us. To keep you informed, we provide this Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this Notice easy to find, we make links available to it on our homepage and at points where Personal Information may be requested.
Vera Bradley reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of this Notice at any time. Please check this page periodically for any changes. If material changes are made to this Notice, Vera Bradley will post a statement to that effect on the first page of this Privacy Notice. Privacy Notice changes will apply to the Personal Information collected from the Effective Date of the revised Privacy Notice to Vera Bradley's Site. Vera Bradley will always apply the version of the Privacy Notice under which your information was collected, unless we obtain your prior consent.
Scope of this Notice
This Notice applies only to information collected through this Site. This Notice does not apply to information collected through other channels, such as in person, on paper, or by phone.
By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Notice. If you do not consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your information as described in this Notice, you may not use this Site.
Information We May Collect
Vera Bradley collects Personal Information that our visitors manually provide using their mouse, keyboard, mobile touch screen, or otherwise. We also collect information you provide when you register with this Site, log on to your account, or enhance your profile on this Site by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter).
"Personal Information" may include (but is not necessarily limited to) your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, mobile device number, birth date, credit card account data and other purchasing information. You may also provide us with photographs or other video/media content which may contain Personal Information. Unless specifically stated, we do not require this information to obtain access to our Site. The Personal information we collect is used by Vera Bradley and our third-party partners for the purposes enumerated below and on our Site:
- Consumer Purchases: We use your Personal Information to process your orders and administer your account. You may always refuse to provide your Personal Information, but this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain products or services. When you make a purchase with Vera Bradley online, you are automatically registered for our email marketing program but have the right to opt out, described below.
- Customer Service: On some pages our visitors can submit comments or ask questions. We also collect Personal Information when you send us emails containing questions or requests. While we retain information in our customer service database in order to provide better service to our customers, we only save Personal Information associated with questions, comments, and requests in this database in order to respond to those questions and requests, and to better serve you when responding to any questions or requests you may have in the future.
- Catalog Requests: The names and mailing addresses submitted by visitors who request a printed catalog are used to mail the catalog and may also be shared with your Favorite Store, or with our marketing partners to provide you with additional information or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would like to remove your name and address from our catalog mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your full name, email address and phone number in case we have questions. Please allow a reasonable period of time for your request to be processed.
- Email: Some of our pages allow visitors to register to receive periodic emails from us. Any promotional email you receive from Vera Bradley will provide a link that will allow you to "unsubscribe" from this informational service at any time. If you would like to change your subscription status now, you may do so by visiting Email Preferences. Note: You may not unsubscribe from transactional emails, such as emails confirming your purchase.
- Accounts: When you register with us, Vera Bradley collects Personal Information in order to save preferences and Wish List information. This provides you with a personal experience when you use our Site. You may review and edit your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your account or may request changes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email a Friend: There are some features on our Site that may require visitors to enter another person's Personal Information and/or email address in order to use the feature. Visitors are responsible for obtaining the consent of any third party prior to entering the Personal Information of such third party. We only use this information to allow visitors to share certain Site content with friends.
- Discussion/Social Networking Forums: Our Site may offer discussion forums, message boards, social networking opportunities, chat pages and other public forums or features in which you may provide Personal Information, materials and related content. If you submit Personal Information when using these public features, please note that such Personal Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed and used without limitation or restriction, even after you have deleted or edited your Personal Information.
- Offers, Surveys and Promotions: Vera Bradley or our third-party vendors may use your Personal Information to notify you about special offers, promotions, news and surveys that may be of interest to you. On occasion, we also may send information or offers to you on behalf of other Vera Bradley entities, such as Vera Bradley Retail Stores or the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. These notifications may be sent via email or text messages. Please note that Vera Bradley will not send any text messages to your mobile device without first obtaining your prior, express, written consent to receive such messages. You may opt-out of receiving these notifications at any time by following the instructions set forth below in the Opt-Out section of this Privacy Notice or as set forth in the SMS Terms of Service, or by following the instructions in the notification.
- Our Marketing Strategies. Vera Bradley may use your Personal Information to better understand your needs and interests and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts or products and services.
If you prefer not to receive the information or offers described above, please 1) follow the instructions in the email to "unsubscribe;" 2) write to us at Vera Bradley Customer Service, 12420 Stonebridge Road, Roanoke, Indiana 46783; or 3) send an email to email@example.com, and we will remove your name from our email mailing list. Please include your full name, email address and phone number in case we have questions. It may take several days to process your instructions, and you may receive messages after submitting your instructions.
Vera Bradley's web servers collect the domain names of visitors to our Site, however, they do not recognize individual email addresses. Aggregate information showing the IP addresses and/or domain names of visitors, the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. is collected and used only for internal review to measure the overall use of our Site and provide direction for its continuous improvement. This information is not sold to or shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Information Collected Automatically
Vera Bradley, its Service Providers, and/or Third-Party Services may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Site, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of Vera Bradley with Vera Bradley-Collected PI, Vera Bradley does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be Personal Information or Vera Bradley-Collected PI.
The methods that may be used on the Site to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Site, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, fingerprinting, device recognition technologies, in-app tracking methods and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Site or e-mails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
Cookies: Cookies allow us to tailor the Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Site may be limited and you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Site's features.
In addition to the cookies Vera Bradley delivers to your computer or mobile device through our Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on our Site or on other websites. The Site may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons ("Tracking Pixels"): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Vera Bradley’s web server, or from a third party with which Vera Bradley works, and is active only while you are connected to the Site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location.
- Fingerprinting: Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking
- Device Recognition Technologies: Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household)
- In-App Tracking Methods: There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Site may not work and that when you revisit the Site your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Some App-related Tracking Technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturer.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
Vera Bradley uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Site or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. Vera Bradley is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Sharing of Information
Except as set forth in this Notice, we do not share your Personal Information unless you have given us permission to do so, for example, by checking the box allowing us to share your Personal Information with your Favorite Store, or by checking the box allowing us to share your Personal Information with our marketing partners.
At times, we employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, sending emails and text messages and processing credit card payments. In the scope of providing services on behalf of Vera Bradley, these third parties may have access to your Personal Information. Using contractual or other arrangements, Vera Bradley will ensure that these agents, contractors and third-party service providers, who may receive Personal Information in the course of providing services to Vera Bradley, protect the Personal Information in a manner consistent with the principles set out in this Privacy Notice and as required by law.
Vera Bradley may also disclose Personal Information to conform to or comply with the law or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our Site, our company, our employees, our Site visitors, or the general public.
If Vera Bradley is involved in a sale or transfer of all or a substantial portion of its business assets, information about you may be among the transferred assets. Any third party to whom we sell or transfer assets will have the right to continue to use your Personal Information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
Privacy of Children
Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from or about visitors to our Site under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you can use this Site only in conjunction with your parent’s or guardian’s permission. Only visitors who are 18 years or older may purchase products from, participate in activities offered on, register or create an account or profile, or otherwise use the services on our Site.
The Site is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age. Only visitors who are 18 years or older may purchase products from, participate in activities offered on, register or create an account or profile, or otherwise use the services on our Site. Vera Bradley does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personal Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we obtain knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Site, and who posted content or information on the Site, can request removal by contacting Vera Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Vera Bradley will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Vera Bradley does not control.
Retention of Information
Vera Bradley retains information collected through our Site for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or as permitted by applicable law, unless you request deletion of your Personal Information, in which case we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request. Please keep in mind that Vera Bradley cannot delete information which you have shared with others through discussion/social networking forums.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Vera Bradley employs physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of our online visitors' Personal Information.
Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your information, including against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
How you can Access, Correct or Delete your Personal Information
Visitors may review and modify Personal Information stored by Vera Bradley by accessing their account. Stored Personal Information does not expire and is retained until you request that it be deleted from our database (as permitted by applicable law and subject to any limitations described in this Notice). If you would like to remove your name and Personal Information from our records, please contact us using the information provided below.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Notice describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information.
- Email preferences: You can opt out of promotional emails we send to you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails or would like to change their send frequency, you can either click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each communication, or visit Email Preferences.
- Text preferences: You can opt-out from receiving text messages from us by following the instructions on text messages that you receive from us. To opt-out reply STOP to 82275 at any time, and to receive assistance simply reply HELP to 82275.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms: California law requires this Notice to address how we respond to any “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal” delivered by your browser. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals. For more information on Do Not Track, you may visit allaboutdnt.org.
- Previously Expressed Preferences: You may be able to change through your account previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. Otherwise, please contact us using the information provided below.
Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics
The Site may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with, the Site (e.g., apps and plug-ins), websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Site permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and certain Third-Party Services, such as third party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Site and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Vera Bradley’s content; logging in to the Site using your Third Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Site to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Site or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Site (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Vera Bradley in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Site or otherwise by Vera Bradley. Also, both Vera Bradley and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and any Third-Party Service.
Vera Bradley may engage and work with Service Providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Site and/or on third-party services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Site and elsewhere on the internet, sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising” (“Interest-based Advertising”), which may include sending you an ad on a third party service after you have left the Site (i.e., “retargeting”).
This Site is Hosted on Servers Located in the United States
Vera Bradley is a U.S. corporation. The servers that support this Site are located in the United States. While it is in our possession, your information will generally be stored in Vera Bradley databases or databases maintained by our third-party service providers on servers and data storage devices located in the United States. U.S. data protection laws may not provide as much protection as the data protection laws in force in some other countries, however, we will process your information in accordance with this Notice no matter where our data is stored. If you are located in a country outside the United States, by using our Site you consent to the transfer and storage of your information to the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
We may from time to time elect to share certain “personal information” (as defined by California’s “Shine The Light” law) about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us to, under certain circumstances, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2017 will receive information about 2016 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing at:
Vera Bradley Customer Service
12420 Stonebridge Road
Roanoke, Indiana 46783
Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address or mail address.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
We may from time to time collect the following categories of “personal information” (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act) about you: name, address, phone number, email, IP address, geolocation, purchase history, unique personal identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Site, and demographic information (including employment-related information) for the purposes of processing orders and administering your account, responding to Customer Service requests, and to better understand your needs and interests and improve marketing and promotional efforts of our products and services. We do not sell your personal information. We may from time to time elect to share personal information about you with third party vendors to perform certain functions on our behalf.
California residents may request the personal information collected or shared by Vera Bradley, and/or request that their personal information be deleted. Vera Bradley will not discriminate against California consumers for exercising their CCPA rights. California residents may request disclosure and/or deletion of personal information by visiting our Privacy Request Form or calling 888-855-8372
Only you may make a consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. You may only make a consumer request for disclosure twice within a 12 month period.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have questions about the Site, the collection of information that occurs on our Site, or this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Vera Bradley Customer Service
12420 Stonebridge Road
Roanoke, Indiana 46783
or email@example.com or (888) 855-8372.
Please include your full name, email address and phone number in case we have questions.